Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL 7.3.4 and 7.4beta5

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL 7.3.4 and 7.4beta5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 20:58, Mark Wong wrote:
> I don't remember making a conscious decision between the number and integer
> database type.  Is that a significant oversight on my part?

Numerics do exact math with support for arbitrary numbers.  Unlike
Oracle, PostgreSQL does not retype NUMBER to a faster type internally
(like int).

You may find a good sized improvement (possibly as much as 15%) by
switching to integer as it will both reduce CPU load and storage
requirements.