Re: Best Perl Option?

От Network Administrator
Тема Re: Best Perl Option?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting David Busby <busby@pnts.com>:

> List,
>     Which of the may Perl Modules on CPAN should I use for PostgreSQL.  I'd
> prefer the fastest/most up to date module.  Which is it or do I have to dig
> through them all?
>

> David Busby
> Systems Engineer
> busby@pnts.com

David,
What are you looking to do?  The basic stuff is the database connection which
can be handled by Pg.pm or DBD:Pg (DBI stuff).  Authorization modules for Apache
are plentify on CPAN.  I've never used any because I ended up writing my own but
they have been discussed here as well.

That's just the basics though.  Don't forget you also have the option writing
your SP's in pl/perl as well.  That has nothing to do with modules but has
everything to do with perl and being about to write your server side functions
in a language that your are comforatable with  :)

Good luck!

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications