Re: Large Scale Aggregation (HashAgg Enhancement)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Large Scale Aggregation (HashAgg Enhancement)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This seems to lead to a super-geometric progression in the number of
> files required,

But we double the number of batches at each step, so there are going to
be at most 20 or so levels, and that's only assuming a *horridly* wrong
initial guess by the planner.  In practice I think it's reasonable to
assume at most a couple rounds of doubling.  If you have more than that,
the extra data-shuffling is going to exhaust your patience anyway.