Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL

От James Rogers
Тема Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 13:50, Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
> Note I didn't say relational is *incorrect* - the ideas of
> "mathematically correct" and "scientifically provable" are orthogonal,
> and have nothing to say about each other.

Eh?

"Mathematical" and "Scientific" reasoning (more correctly: axiomatic and
non-axiomatic reasoning, respectively) are the same thing.  Any apparent
differences such that we can even make a distinction is the result of
differences in relative system sizes (in terms of Kolmogorov complexity)
in practice.  If you think they are orthogonal, you don't understand the
nature of this particular beast.

Cheers,

-James Rogersjamesr@best.com