Re: trying to install phpPGAdmin ...

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: trying to install phpPGAdmin ...
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 04:36, Desmond Coughlan wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install phppgadmin on a FreeBSD (4.5-RELEASE) system, from
> the ports collection.  'make build' runs OK, but when I try 'make
> install',
> I get ...
>
>     lievre# make install
>     ===>  Installing for phppgadmin-2.4.2
>     ===>   phppgadmin-2.4.2 depends on file:
>     /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so - not found
>     ===>    Verifying install for
> /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so in
>     /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
>     ===>  Configuring for mod_php4-4.2.3
>     /usr/local/bin/gm4: autoconf.m4: No such file or directory
>     NONE:0: /usr/local/bin/gm4: ERROR: EOF in string
>     *** Error code 2
>
>     Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.
>     *** Error code 1
>
>     Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.
>     *** Error code 1
>
>     Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phppgadmin.

Not much of a bsd guy, but it makes me wonder if you have php installed
properly within your apache setup... you might need to resolve the
mod_php4 issues first...

> So I try to get the source and install it ... but when I untar the
> source
> into /usr/local/src, and look, there is no ./configure script, and the
> INSTALL file just says to configure by editing
> phpPgAdmin/conf/config.inc.php, and doesn't give any more info.
>
> Can someone give a few pointers ?

You don't need to configure/make anything, you just put the files into a
directory under your apache <documentroot> directory. If you have php
support in apache it will parse them as is. Then just edit the
phpPgAdmin/conf/config.inc.php to put in your database settings and
you'll be good to go

Robert Treat