Re: Second question on schemas and INDEX(es) ...

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Second question on schemas and INDEX(es) ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 16:20, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 16:00, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > Okay, after feeling stupid about the last one (altho I hadn't thought to
> > read the CREATE INDEX page, only the CREATE SCHEMA one), I really hate to
> > ask this one ... but ... is this documented somewhere also:
> >
> > CREATE SCHEMA company_00244
> >   CREATE TABLE traffic ( ip_id int4, port int4, bytes bigint, runtime timestamp )
> >   CREATE INDEX traffic_dist ON traffic USING BTREE ( ip_id, port )
> >   CREATE INDEX traffic_time ON traffic USING btree ( hour_trunc(runtime));
> >
> > ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "INDEX" at character 122
> >
> > or, is there an obvious error that I'm just not seeing?
> >
> > The CREATE SCHEMA page shows CREATE TABLE and CREATE VIEW, so should I
> > consider CREATE INDEX no supported since it wasn't part of the example?
> >

> If I'm right your having a heck of a bad day, but I believe the problem
> is you have no ; after each of your sql statements...

Not that bad I guess ;-)  I missed what you were trying to do, but
Stephen's email is on target.  Note you can do in multiple statements
though...

Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: Second question on schemas and INDEX(es) ...
Сообщение: Re: Second question on schemas and INDEX(es) ...