Re: http://www.pgsql.com/register/submit.php

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: http://www.pgsql.com/register/submit.php
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE kirjutas E, 13.10.2003 kell 16:20:
> Le Lundi 13 Octobre 2003 14:45, Robert Treat a écrit :
> > Someone could have downloaded the package from sourceforge/freshmeat, so
> > I don't think it hurts to have a pointer to postgresql.org.  What might
> > be better than a link for the submit page would just be a blurb
> > mentioning we're always looking for new case studies from folks who are
> > using postgresql, and perhaps point them some place for that. What I'd
> > like to see added to the message is a reminder to run initdb...
>
> In France, according to the "Loi informatique et liberté", users have a right
> to access their personal data. As a result, every web form must display a
> warning which reminds users that they can access their personal data.

Even if no personal data is entered or queried ?

> This is not a potential problem for PostgreSQL.inc, but for Linux vendors who
> release PostgreSQL (RedHat, Mandrake, etc...) in France. The fine can be
> quite large. Also, a judge may stop immediately the release of products
> including PostgreSQL.

Do we need special NOTICE for French users telling them "In case you
have entered some personal data you can access it by doing a SELECT
query" after each INSERT/UPDATE to be legally sound in France ?

This could then be automatically enabled by LC_ALL=fr .

Hannu