Re: Showing parallel status in \df+

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Showing parallel status in \df+
Дата
Re: Showing parallel status in \df+  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Friday, July 8, 2016, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fujii-san has reminded me of the fact that we do not show in \df+ the
>> parallel status of a function. The output of \df+ is already very
>> large, so I guess that any people mentally sane already use it with
>> the expanded display mode, and it may not matter adding more
>> information.
>> Thoughts about adding this piece of information?

> Seems like a good idea to me. It's going to be useful in debugging

If we're going to change \df+ at all, could I lobby for putting the Owner
column next to Security?  They're logically related, and not related to
Volatility which somehow got crammed between.  So I'm imagining the column
order as

Schema   | Name | Result data type | Argument data types |  Type  | Security | Owner | Volatility | Parallel | Language
|Source code | Description

Or maybe Owner then Security.