Re: go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 18:59, Sean Chittenden wrote:
> > NB> So far:
> >
> > NB> shared_buffers = 1/16th of total memory
> > NB> effective_cache_size = 80% of the supposed kernel cache.
> >
> > Please take into account the blocksize compiled into PG, too...
>
> Would anyone object to a patch that exports the blocksize via a
> readonly GUC?  Too many tunables are page dependant, which is
> infuriating when copying configs from DB to DB.  I wish pgsql had some
> notion of percentages for values that end with a '%'.

Rather than showing the block size, how about we change the tunables to
be physical sizes rather than block based?

        effective_cache_size = 1.5GB
        shared_buffers = 25MB

Percentages would be slick as well, but doing the above should fix most
of the issue -- and be friendlier to read.

Вложения