Re: Domains (was Re: int1?)

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Domains (was Re: int1?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 15:13, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 14:46:08 -0500,
>   Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 14:46, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> > > You need to use 7.4. In 7.3 you couldn't use check constraints with domains.
> >
> > So is there a documentation "bug", or, what kind of constraints
> > can be placed on domains besides { NOT NULL | NULL }?
>
> I think the documentation is correct. As I read it it says that only NOT NULL
> and NULL constraints are allowed. This is easy to overlook. I know I got
> caught by this when I tried it.

test1=# create domain foo as smallint not null;
CREATE DOMAIN

test1=# create domain bar as smallint CONSTRAINT wiggle not null;
CREATE DOMAIN

Oh, ok.  Stuff in [] is not necessary.  Still confusing.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

The difference between drunken sailors and Congressmen is that
drunken sailors spend their own money.