Re: How to manipulate a cursor returned by a PL/pgSQL in a PHP

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: How to manipulate a cursor returned by a PL/pgSQL in a PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 04:38, Andrew J. Kopciuch wrote:
> On Sunday 05 October 2003 01:32, Sebastien BAUDRY wrote:
> > Hi.
> > My function returns a cursor and I don't know how to
> > fetch the cursor in my PHP script.
> > Anybody could help me?
> >

> PHP does not directly support cursors under PostgreSQL.  :-(

Huh? Cursors in PostgreSQL are accessible via the standard query
interface within PHP.

It's 2 queries, one to create the cursor, one to request the number of
tuples. PHP does not need any special logic to handle this.

pg_query('DECLARE thecursor CURSOR FOR ....')

pg_query('FETCH ...');

The fetch will act just like a select in regards to returned data.

Вложения

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: How to manipulate a cursor returned by a PL/pgSQL in a PHP script?
Сообщение: Re: How to manipulate a cursor returned by a PL/pgSQL in a PHP