Re: advice on raid controller

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: advice on raid controller
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 12:24, Richard Jones wrote:
> Hi, i'm on the verge of buying a "MegaRAID SCSI 320-2" raid controller.
> I need it to build a db server using 4x ultra320 scsi disks
> i'm thinking raid 1+0 but will try with raid5 too and compare
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this model, good or bad i'd like to
> know.. thanks :)
>
> as seen:
> http://uk.azzurri.com/product/product.cgi?productId=188

I don't see anything on that page regarding RAM cache.  It's been
my experience that RAID 5 needs a *minimum* of 128MB cache to have
good performance.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Why is cyber-crime not being effectively controlled? What is
fuelling the rampancy?
* Parental apathy & the public education system
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-150.html

Сообщение: Re: advice on raid controller
Сообщение: Re: advice on raid controller