Re: PL contribution guidelines?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: PL contribution guidelines?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 07:12, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> mlg3 writes:
> > Now, how do I include my PL into the build list?
> > What files must I provide? (preferrably, by borrowing
> > them from another PL, e.g. PLPERL or TCL])
>
> There is currently some disagreement about whether every now procedural
> language implementation should be included in the core distribution.  If
> you choose to distribute your package separately, you can take a look at
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/plsh.html as an example for how to
> package it.

Is there? The last new procedural language that I recall was Joe's plr,
which IIRC was moved to gborg due to license issues with the R
libraries. <troll>darn gpl license..if only it was commercially dual
licensed</troll>

otherwise my understanding is that all of the other pl authors that
distribute outside of core do so either by their own choosing or because
the proposed implementation is not quite "ready for prime time" enough
to be included.

oh.. and i'm not forgetting plphp, but it has both licensing issues and
isn't ready for prime time.

Robert Treat