Re: Duplicate values found when reindexing unique index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Duplicate values found when reindexing unique index
Дата
Re: Duplicate values found when reindexing unique index  ("Mason Hale" <masonhale@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Mason Hale" <masonhale@gmail.com> writes:
>> This could be the kernel's fault, but I'm wondering whether the
>> RAID controller is going south.

> To clarify a bit further -- on the production server, the data is written to
> a 10-disk RAID 1+0, but the pg_xlog directory is symlinked to a separate,
> dedicated SATA II disk.

> There is a similar setup on the standby server, except that in addition to
> the RAID for the data, and a separate SATA II disk for the pg_xlog, there is
> another disk (also SATA II) dedicated for the archive of wal files copied
> over from the production server.

Oh.  Maybe it's one of those disks' fault then.  Although WAL corruption
would not lead to corruption of the primary DB as long as there were no
crash/replay events.  Maybe there is more than one issue here, or maybe
it's the kernel's fault after all.