Re: This mail list and its policies

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: This mail list and its policies
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 11:04, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     Just run IMAP. That way all the mail stay one the server. Your
> system will just grab the headers and you can delete as required.
> Also you could installed something like spamassassin on the server (if
> you  ISP) will let you.

Get BigISP to let me run an IMAP daemon on their servers?

> Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
> > Ron Johnson wrote:

> >> [snip]

> >> Even with spam blockers, the spam/virus still must be downloaded from
> >> the server, and if the person is on dial-up, that can be *most*
> >> painful:
> >> In the 24 hour period from yesterday noon to today noon, I received
> >> 209 "MS Update" viruses, each of which is 153KB.
> >>

> > With a dial-up is better anyway download only the headers and delete
> > it if is spam.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I tried
to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage the plane."
RICHARD REID, tried to blow up American Airlines Flight 63