Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 02:06, Gregory S. Williamson wrote:
> "Oracle = Saturn IV." ?!???
>
> Perhaps they claim to be. More like a shuttle with pretensions.
> Oracle was utterly unable to support our web site. And then

I'm surprised.  There are many huge Oracle databases out there.

> they wanted a truely preposterous sum for their wretched
> software.

How do you think Larry pays for his racing yachts?

> Informix, on the other hand, has performed like, well, like a
> Saturn [which, by the way, the US could not build again ...
> apparently they lost the plans]. But it also costs a fair
> bit o' pocket change.

Who's want to build a 40-year-old rocket?

> Now, maybe if we take a couple of Titan IIs and stack them on
> top of each other ...

Better is to take a bunch of Titan engines and make a big lift
vehicle.

> Greg Williamson
> DBA GlobeXplorer LLC

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Spit in one hand, and wish for peace in the other.
Guess which is more effective...