Re: ECPG interface: 7.4beta3 compile failure; CVS tip

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: ECPG interface: 7.4beta3 compile failure; CVS tip
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 19:25, Tom Lane wrote:
> Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> > Line 138 begins the definition of strndup().  However, strndup() is also
> > declared in string.h, which is included by this file.  If I rename this
> > function to estrndup() (and also where it is called, further down) the
> > compilation succeeds.
>
> Hm, is strndup defined as a macro in your string.h?  I suspect it's not
> a good idea to be providing a local definition of something that might
> be considered a standard function.

/* Return a malloc'd copy of at most N bytes of STRING.  The  resultant string is terminated even if no null terminator
appears before STRING[N].  */

#if defined __USE_GNU
extern char *strndup (__const char *__string, size_t __n)    __THROW __attribute_malloc__;
#endif

========================================   "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure,      pressed down, and
shakentogether, and running over,      shall men pour into your lap. For by your standard of      measure it will be
measuredto you in return."                                          Luke 6:38