Re: Trying to create a GiST index in 7.3

От Christopher Murtagh
Тема Re: Trying to create a GiST index in 7.3
Дата
Re: Trying to create a GiST index in 7.3  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 16:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> Dmitry Tkach <dmitry@openratings.com> writes:
> > I am trying to create a custom GiST index in 7.3, but getting an error,
> > I have done all the setup that was required in 7.2.4:
>
> You should not be using the 7.2 methods anymore --- there is a CREATE
> OPERATOR CLASS, use that instead.  (See the contrib gist classes for
> examples.)

 I'm having the same problem as Dmitry, but I've been unable to find a
solution. I've looked everywhere googleable for info on setting up GiST
indexes, but haven't found any info that doesn't look like post-doc
papers on the theory of indexability.

I'd be happy with an RTFM response, if I could just find TFM. :-)

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

--