Re: Database Recovery Procedures

От Network Administrator
Тема Re: Database Recovery Procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok, upgrade done and the system is up but when try hit database through the app
(browser front end just does selects) on the debug screen (level 3) I get this...

DEBUG:  child process (pid 21248) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  server process (pid 21248) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(0)
DEBUG:  invoking IpcMemoryCreate(size=1466368)
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-09-17 10:52:16 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 5/2D498110
LOG:  redo record is at 5/2D498110; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 5287090; next oid: 26471
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 5/2D498150
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready
DEBUG:  proc_exit(0)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(0)
DEBUG:  exit(0)

..if I using the psql client, and issue a "select * from <corrupt table name>
limit 5" if get this...

PANIC:  read of clog file 5, offset 16384 failed: Success
        before or while processing the request.
!#

..I've never seen the prompt got to "!#"

So back to my original question.  What are the recover procedures (if any) that
should be tried before I grab my PGDATA path from tape?

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: