Re: State of Beta 2

От Network Administrator
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is along the lines of what I was talking about.  If at compile time a user
could chose their on disk representation by version within a reasonable history
(say two major versions back) then I that would give people a choice for a
certain about of time.

Backward compatibility is nice but at a certain point it will become "backward"
(or better yet awkward or maybe just damn near impossible) to support certain
past features.

This is a user reality, upgrades are part of owning and using any system.  Its
just that we don't want to seemingly force people to upgrade.  I don't think
that is hard for someone that 24/7 shop with very large databases to understand.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: