Re: Database Recovery Procedures

От Network Administrator
Тема Re: Database Recovery Procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ahhh, we it just so happens that I have 7.3.4 waiting to be built.  I was trying
to wait up 7.4 was released but other than this startup bug does 7.3.4 do a
better job of recovery?

*pause*

Ok, wait- at this point I have to go to 7.3.4 because I would not be able to go
to 7.4 'cause I need the dump/restore process that we've been talking about
first...  so, I'll do that and when/if I have a problem, I'll repost :)

Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> Network Administrator <netadmin@vcsn.com> writes:
> > PANIC:  XLogWrite: write request 5/2D498000 is past end of log 5/2D498000
>
> I'll bet you are running 7.3.3.  You need to update to 7.3.4 to escape
> this startup bug.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications