Re: best arrangement of 3 disks for (insert) performance

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: best arrangement of 3 disks for (insert) performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 12:55, Richard Jones wrote:
> The machine is coming from dell, and i have the option of a
> PERC 3/SC RAID Controller (32MB)
> or software raid.
>
> does anyone have any experience of this controller?
> its an additional £345 for this controller, i'd be interested to know what
> people think - my other option is to buy the raid controller separately,
> which appeals to me but i wouldnt know what to look for in a raid controller.

Hardware raid with the write cache, and sell a CPU if necessary to buy
it (don't sell the ram though!).

Вложения

От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: best arrangement of 3 disks for (insert) performance - Dell
Сообщение: Re: best arrangement of 3 disks for (insert) performance