Re: wish: limit number of connections per database

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: wish: limit number of connections per database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 20:22, "bognár, attila" wrote:

> Would it be possible to set the maximum number of connections to each
> database individually? I need this because the server will be shared
> between several users and I want to avoid that that somebody uses the
> maximum number of connections possible to the server, locking out others.

I assume users shouldn't be allowed to use other users' databases?

If so, why not have a separate postmaster (and a separate database
cluster) for each user?  Each one would connect on a different port, and
each one could be separately configured.

========================================   "Draw near to God and he will draw near to you.       Cleanse your hands,
yousinners; and purify your       hearts, you double minded."       James 4:8