Re: Need advice about triggers

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Need advice about triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>   How can I improve performance and will version 7.4 bring something
> valuable for my task? Rewrite to some other scripting language is not
> a problem. Trigger is simple enough.

Your best bet is to have additional clients connected to the database
requesting work. Approx NUMCPUs * 2 + 1 seems to be ideal. (+1 to ensure
there is something waiting when the others complete.  *2 to ensure that
you can have 50% reading from disk, 50% doing calculations)

You may simply want to put vacuum into a loop of it's own so it executes
~1 second after the previous run finished.  Work should still be going
on even though vacuum is running.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Need advice about triggers
Сообщение: Re: Need advice about triggers