Re: [osdldbt-general] Re: Prelimiary DBT-2 Test results

От Mary Edie Meredith
Тема Re: [osdldbt-general] Re: Prelimiary DBT-2 Test results
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 15:16, Manfred Spraul wrote:
> Another question:
> Is it possible to apply patches to postgresql before a DBT-2 run, or is
> only patching the kernel supported?
>
> --
>     Manfred

As Mark indicated, we currently only support kernel patches via our PLM
system, but we are in the process of changing that for other components
(e.g. the compilers, the statistics tools).  Ultimately anything we can
save as source code, we will be able to patch and accessible via our
test platform, Scalable Test Platform (STP).

If we were to make it possible to download PostgreSQL releases on PLM
and allow developers to apply patches to it, would there be interest
from the community in that capability?

In other words, would you all use it to test compiles on various
hardware (I32, I64, PowerPC), or test PostgreSQL on various Linux
kernels?

Would you run the patches against the database test we have via STP?

Is there any other feature you might suggest?

--
Mary Edie Meredith <maryedie@osdl.org>
Open Source Development Lab