Re: Unicode combining characters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unicode combining characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But the strange thing is that LIKE is faster, perhaps meaning his
> measurements can't even see the difference,

Yeah, I suspect there's 10% or more noise in these numbers.  But then
one could read the results as saying we can't reliably measure any
difference at all ...

I'd feel more confident if the measurements were done using operators
repeated enough times to yield multiple-second runtimes.  I don't
trust fractional-second time measurements on Unix boxen; too much chance
of bogus results due to activity of other processes.