Re: PostgreSQL roadmap for 8.2 and beyond.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL roadmap for 8.2 and beyond.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Patrick Bakker <patrick@vanbelle.com> writes:
> It would be useful if you could toggle SQL statement logging without
> restarting PostgreSQL and additionally if you could turn on selective SQL
> logging. Additionally, it would be great if you could log SQL statements to
> a separate file from the main log and in such a way that the statements are
> seperated in an easily parsed form.

> The runtime toggling of statement logging would also be most useful if you
> could toggle it outside of a particular session. This is where the selective
> SQL logging would be useful I think. Some selectable options that could be
> useful:
>  - by database
>  - by user
>  - by IP address

You do realize that the majority of that can be done today?  You need to
study the available mechanism for setting GUC parameters a little more.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL roadmap for 8.2 and beyond.
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL roadmap for 8.2 and beyond.