Re: What is the good equivalent for ENUM ?

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: What is the good equivalent for ENUM ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 18:05, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > I used to do this.  It turns out to be horribly inflexible when you
> > > need to alter the enum values since the constraints cannot easily be
> > > changed.
> >
> > It'll be better when domains have alterable constraints.  Your
> > way is the traditional (and best, IMO) way, though.
>
> In 7.4 we have:
>
>     Add DOMAIN CHECK constraints (Rod)
>     Add ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP NOT NULL, SET / DROP DEFAULT, ADD / DROP
>       CONSTRAINT (Rod)

"Rod"??

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a hotel
with a bunch of journalists in it."
Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Localization (for dates) Oracle vs. Postgresql