Re: Preliminary notes about hash index concurrency (long)

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Preliminary notes about hash index concurrency (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane kirjutas E, 01.09.2003 kell 15:41:
> > I know someone reported a problem with the hash indexes (data loss,
> > serious)--- was that a new 7.4 but or something that has existed for a
> > long time?
>
> AFAICT the bug's been there since Berkeley days.

One could check how BSDDB (http://www.sleepycat.com) handles these
issues. It is reported to have started as btree/hash index code
extracted from an early version of postgres, so perhaps there one could
at least get some ideas, though their locking / concurrency control are
probably much different.

Hannu