Re: ALTER TABLE

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 23:22, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> > I've been fiddling away on ALTER TABLE and have a few questions about a
> > possible datatype change. Just alter portions.
>
> > I presume I'll need to do a table rewrite. What is the best way to
> > change a single datum?  heap_modify() takes a single relation type where
> > I will need to deal with different types.  Simply build a new tuple with
> > old datums (easy enough)? Do we care about OIDs being renumbered?
>
> Have you consulted the archives?  ISTM we discussed these issues to
> death a year or two back.

I thought I had.  Google doesn't give anything overly useful in a group
search for 'alter table modify' or 'alter table change type'

Found a nice long thread on dropping a column though.  The discussion
about SET / DROP NOT NULL had a little bit on modify.

If you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Сообщение: Re: FE/BE Protocol - Specific version
Сообщение: Re: FE/BE Protocol - Specific version