Re: The results of my PostgreSQL/filesystem performance

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: The results of my PostgreSQL/filesystem performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 20:47, Bill Moran wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> I said I was going to do it, and I finally did it.
>
> As with all performance tests/benchmarks, there are probably dozens or
> more reasons why these results aren't as accurate or wonderful as they
> should be.  Take them for what they are and hopefully everyone can
> learn a few things from them.
>
> Intelligent feedback is welcome.
>
> http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/postgresql.php

Hi,

Woody has pg 7.2.1.  Note also that Woody comes with kernel 2.4.18.

It would be interesting to see how Debian Sid (kernel 2.4.21 and
pg 7.3.3) would perform.

Thanks for the results!

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy
discordant images at such speed as to render linear thought impossible"
Calvin, regarding TV