Re: BUG #1618: EXTRACTing EPOCH from TIME WITH TIME ZONE is broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1618: EXTRACTing EPOCH from TIME WITH TIME ZONE is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dennis Vshivkov <walrus@amur.ru> writes:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 01:58:13AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Time zone component should be added, not subtracted.

>>> Why?

> [ good arguments snipped ]

OK, I'm convinced --- particularly by the point that no place else in
the backend thinks "timetz->time - timetz->zone" is meaningful.

Anyone not think that this should be not only changed, but back-patched
into older branches?  It seems clearly a thinko.