Re: Timezone for %t log_line_prefix

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Timezone for %t log_line_prefix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>> If %t is used in log_line_prefix, win32's strftime will print a very
>> long timezone information, e.g. "W. Europe Daylight Time" where Linux
>> would write "UTC". This makes the timestamp consuming more than half
>> of an average line length.
>> Do we have alternatives to the long form? Do we need the timezone
>> information at all? We know already it's the server's time. Another
>> alternative would be a short timestamp (%t vs. %T) to have both.

> That's ugly, and unfortunately %z is GNU-specific.

Does Windows' strftime have any short zone name %-spec?  Seems like a
quick #ifdef WIN32 to use a more compact zone name would be the best
solution.

I'd be inclined to leave out the zone field *on Windows only* if there
is no %-spec that uses something more reasonable.  I don't think this
problem justifies adding more %-options to log_line_prefix.