Re: "truncate all"?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: "truncate all"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 12:19, Tom Lane wrote:
> > This this a TODO?  Keep in mind if we follow the syntax of VACUUM and
> > (7.4) CLUSTER, that the all-database truncate would just be "TRUNACATE".
> > That seems very risky to me.  I wonder if the risk is worth adding this
> > feature.
>
> I wouldn't care for that either.  The prior suggestion of "TRUNCATE tab
> CASCADE" (to truncate any tables with FK dependencies on the original
> target, instead of failing) seems more reasonable.

Actually there seems to be an ancillary issue here:

21809=# truncate exception;
ERROR:  TRUNCATE cannot be used as table exception_notice_map references
this one via foreign key constraint $1
21809=# TRUNCATE exception_notice_map ;
TRUNCATE TABLE
21809=# truncate exception;
ERROR:  TRUNCATE cannot be used as table exception_notice_map references
this one via foreign key constraint $1
21809=# select count(*) from exception_notice_map;count
(1 row)

21809=#

Robert Treat