Re: New array functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New array functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Greg Stark wrote:
>> And how to replace my "arr *= n" calls too.

> See:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/functions-comparisons.html#AEN12154

That reminds me --- contrib/array is definitely obsolete now, and there
may be parts of the other contrib array- and aggregate-related modules
that are obsoleted by Joe's recent work.

I would like to kill contrib/array for 7.4, because it's one of the
GPL'd contrib modules that I was tasked to get rid of some time ago.

What I'm thinking of doing is removing the code, and replacing the
README with a note explaining how to convert contrib/array queries to
use the new mainstream syntaxes.  That will give contrib/array users
a clue what they're supposed to do.  In a release or three the README
could go away too.

Comments, objections?

Also, does anyone want to look for possible dead code in intagg and
so on?