Re: Upcoming Release of PostgreSQL, Inc's erserver v1.2

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Upcoming Release of PostgreSQL, Inc's erserver v1.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 14:46, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> We (PostgreSQL, Inc) are just in the process of tying up some loose ends
> on eRServer v1.2, to be released OSS on GBorg over the next week or so ...
> since this is meant to replace rserv, I'd like to remove rserv from the
> v7.4 source tree ...
>
> As far as I know, the only patch made to rserv in the distribution was to
> extend it to do multi-slave, which eRServer v1.2 already does, *but*
> eRServer re-wrote rserv in Java, vs perl as it was originally ...
>
> Is there anyone actually using rserv who would be adverse to my removing
> it from the source tar ball?

I'm not actually using it, but I'd be adverse to removing from 7.4 if
only for the fact that their code bases are substantially different and
we have at least a few known users. It seems like it would be much
better to add to the rserv.README information about the rserv gborg
project and note that, unless there is substantial development it will
most likely be dropped from 7.5, perhaps moved to it's own gborg
project.

Robert Treat