Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Scott Cain
Тема Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
  Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
  Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Joe Conway, )
  Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Ron Johnson, )
   Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
    Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
      Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Joe Conway, )
       Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
        Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
         Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Joe Conway, )
     Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Jan Wieck, )
      Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
       Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Jan Wieck, )
    Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Richard Huxton, )
     Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
      Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  ("Shridhar Daithankar", )
      Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  ("Matt Clark", )
On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 16:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> Scott Cain <> writes:
> >> (BTW, if you are using a multibyte database encoding, then that's your
> >> problem right there --- the optimization is practically useless unless
> >> character and byte indexes are the same.)
>
> > I shouldn't be, but since it is an RPM, I can't be sure.
>
> Look at "psql -l" to see what encoding it reports for your database.

I see, encoding is a per database option.  Since I've never set it, all
my databases use sql_ascii.
Scott Cain, Ph. D.
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

От: Scott Cain
Сообщение: Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings
От: Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Сообщение: Re: Views With Unions