Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings

От Scott Cain
Тема Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 16:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> Scott Cain <cain@cshl.org> writes:
> >> (BTW, if you are using a multibyte database encoding, then that's your
> >> problem right there --- the optimization is practically useless unless
> >> character and byte indexes are the same.)
>
> > I shouldn't be, but since it is an RPM, I can't be sure.
>
> Look at "psql -l" to see what encoding it reports for your database.

I see, encoding is a per database option.  Since I've never set it, all
my databases use sql_ascii.
Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain@cshl.org
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

От: "Jianshuo Niu"
Сообщение: Re: Help on my database performance
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings