Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 09:26, Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 08:57, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> > Another big update for 7.4 is enhancements to domains.  They got some
> > usability fixes and a big update in functionality, namely the ability
> > define check constraints.  For me, that is a killer feature...do you
> > think its worth adding to the release?
>
> I don't think most readers will know what domains are and it's not
> really that killer of a feature.
>
> However, a techdocs writeup could be created describing how they should
> be used.

One of the best articles to date was Stephen Szabo's article on set
returning functions for 7.3. It would be nice to see articles like that
for all of the new 7.4 features (new domain functionality, new array
support, pg_autovacuum, working with functional indexes, tsearch2,
statement level triggers, etc..)

Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: WebGUI vote on whether to drop PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: WebGUI vote on whether to drop PostgreSQL