Re: RPMs for 7.3.4, and a change.

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: RPMs for 7.3.4, and a change.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 17:55, Lamar Owen wrote:
[snip]
> PARI is already using PostgreSQL for several applications, and soon will be
> looking at PostgreSQL for a large data warehousing application.  And, in this
> case, I do mean large.  I will be indexing and storing over three million
> astronomical photographic plates (if plans come together!), where each plate
> will scan in at roughly 650-750MB in size (uncompressed) (and this is 8-level
> grayscale scanning).  Mass storage will be critical of this priceless data

Images in the DB as blobs, or in the FS, pointed to by the DB?

Only 8 bit?  I'm surprised.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |