Re: Monitoring DB activity PosgreSQL 7.3.2

От Andre Truter
Тема Re: Monitoring DB activity PosgreSQL 7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 17:27, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> The processes with the W status are swapped out.  In some Linux versions
> and maybe some other platforms, swapped out processes have the
> /proc/<pid>/cmdline file truncated, so ps uses the /proc/<pid>/exe
> symlink instead, which does know what executable file the process is
> running ("postmaster"), but not the nice status line that Postgres sets.
>
> Well, whether you understand or not what I just said, truth is the
> mechanism for showing process status in ps is not bulletproof, and this
> is one example where it fails :-(

Yes, I am beginning to suspect 'ps', as it is currently showing about
half of all processes to be swapped out, even though top shows them to
be very active.

Very weird....
--
Andre Truter
Software Engineer

<------------------------------------------------->
< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better...  >
< So I installed Linux                            >

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Warning

This message is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are
notifiedthat any distribution, use of or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received the
communicationin error, please notify the sender immediately. The views and opinions expressed in this message are those
ofthe individual sender of this message and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of ATIO. Consequently,
ATIOdoes not accept responsibility for such views and opinions and this message should not be read as representing the
viewsand opinions of ATIO without subsequent written confirmation. Each page attached hereto must also be read in
conjunctionwith this disclaimer.