Re: hardware performance and some more

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: hardware performance and some more
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 13:25, Kasim Oztoprak wrote:
> On 24 Jul 2003 17:08 EEST you wrote:
>
> > On 24 Jul 2003 at 15:54, Kasim Oztoprak wrote:
[snip]

> we do not have memory problem or disk problems. as I have seen in the list the best way to
> use disks are using raid 10 for data and raid 1 for os. we can put as much memory as
> we require.
>
> now the question, if we have 100 searches per second and in each search if we need 30 sql
> instruction, what will be the performance of the system in the order of time. Let us say
> we have two machines described aove in a cluster.

That's 3000 sql statements per second, 180 thousand per minute!!!!
What the heck is this database doing!!!!!

A quad-CPU Opteron sure is looking useful right about now...  Or
an quad-CPU AlphaServer ES45 running Linux, if 4x Opterons aren't
available.

How complicated are each of these SELECT statements?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |