Re: Prepared Statements

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Prepared Statements
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> Sure. And that's good.
> That's precisely the point - if you guys start taking functionality
> away, so that I am not longer able to do things with it that I used to
> be able to do, then I will not be able to benefit from it as much as I
> used to - I'll have to switch from PreparedStatements to Statements and
> do all that escaping/parsing on my own.
> That's exactly what I am trying to avoid

Dima, you are talking about "functionality" which is not documented,
discovered by yourself as working. This is similar with directly using
the com.sun.* classes - might work now, but will be a major PITA when
sun decides to change their internal API. You should have expected this
outcome... and it's certainly not an argument against fixing the driver
to be standards compliant...

Cheers,
Csaba.