Re: Hardware performance

От: Ron Johnson
Тема: Re: Hardware performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Hardware performance  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Roman Fail", )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Ron Johnson, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Hannu Krosing, )
   Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
    Re: Hardware performance  (Adam Witney, )
     Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
      Re: Hardware performance  (Adam Witney, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Jord Tanner, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Robert Creager, )
    Re: Hardware performance  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Vincent van Leeuwen, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Jean-Luc Lachance, )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Jean-Luc Lachance, )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Magnus Hagander", )

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 13:55, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >Adam Witney wrote:
[snip]
> If you would go with that one, make sure to get the optional BBWC
> (Battery Backed Write Cache). Without it the controller won't enable the
> write-back cache (which it really shouldn't, since it wouldn't be safe
> without the batteries). WB cache can really speed things on in many db
> situations - it's sort of like "speed of fsync off, security of fsync
> on". I've seen huge speedups with both postgresql and other databases on
> that.

Don't forget to check the batteries!!!  And if you have an HPaq service
contract, don't rely on them to do it...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home:              |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |