Re: Hardware performance

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Hardware performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 13:55, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >Adam Witney wrote:
[snip]
> If you would go with that one, make sure to get the optional BBWC
> (Battery Backed Write Cache). Without it the controller won't enable the
> write-back cache (which it really shouldn't, since it wouldn't be safe
> without the batteries). WB cache can really speed things on in many db
> situations - it's sort of like "speed of fsync off, security of fsync
> on". I've seen huge speedups with both postgresql and other databases on
> that.

Don't forget to check the batteries!!!  And if you have an HPaq service
contract, don't rely on them to do it...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |