Re: Unicode database question

От Tony Grant
Тема Re: Unicode database question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 01:39, Lynna Landstreet wrote:

> I'm running into a bit of trouble with a Unicode-enabled PostgreSQL database
> (some of the data consists of artist and/or image names in other languages,
> like French, Spanish, German and Portuguese, which frequently have accents,
> and I don't want people entering data to have to use ASCII codes). Having (I
> thought) managed to get past the issues of exporting text as Unicode in
> order to import it into the database and uploading the text files as binary
> instead of data to keep them Unicode/UTF-8 as I upload them, and then using
> psql's \copy command to insert the data into the database, I can't get the
> special characters to display properly on the web. :-(

1. Try LATIN1 instead of Unicode.

2. What front end do you have for queries?

JSP works just fine (www.3continents.com/base_de_donnees.html is an
example). I had to write a little bit of code to escape accents in
search pages so école and ecole will get results.

Cheers

Tony Grant
--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit,