Re: Firebird vrs Postgresql

От Markus Bertheau
Тема Re: Firebird vrs Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
В Втр, 15.07.2003, в 23:32, Derek Hamilton пишет:
> I'm not sure this is still the case, but I recently chose PostgreSQL over
> Firebird because Firebird requires direct access to the database file.
> There is no way to access it via TCP/IP with drivers, etc.  That killed
> Firebird in my mind.

It's not like that anymore, you "just" need to know the path to the
database file on the remote server. It has the ability to spread a
database over several files to overcome OS limitations to the file size,
but it's not transparent iirc. Firebirds concept of a database name in
PostgreSQL is a filename on the servers file system. Other that that
it's a serious database.

--
Markus Bertheau.
Berlin, Berlin.