Re: force the use of a particular index

От: Rod Taylor
Тема: Re: force the use of a particular index
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
   Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
   Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
   Re: force the use of a particular index  (Tom Lane, )

> > set enable_hashjoin = false;
>
> BINGO!

I'm not so sure about that.  Your dataset seems to have changed fairly
significantly since the last test.

> ->  Index Scan using feature_pkey on feature f  (cost=0.00..134592.43 rows=47912 width=39) (actual time=0.46..502.50
rows=431loops=1)

Notice it only pulled out 431 rows where prior runs pulled out several
thousand (~13000).  I think what really happened was something came
along and deleted a bunch of stuff, then vacuum ran.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index
Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index