Re: force the use of a particular index

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: force the use of a particular index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 15:18, Scott Cain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to force the use of a particular index
> when doing a query.  I have two tables that are pretty big (each >3
> million rows), and when I do a join between them the performance is
> generally quite poor as it does not use the indexes that I think it
> should use.  Here is an example query:

Please send the EXPLAIN ANALYZE results for that query with and without
sequential scans enabled.

set enable_seqscan = true;
EXPLAIN ANALYZE <query>;

set enable_seqscan = false;
EXPLAIN ANALYZE <query>;

Вложения

От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index
От: Scott Cain
Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index