Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Moving to -hackers.

> In my opinion the defaults should be set up for a typical database server
> machine.

Ok.. thats fair.  The first problem would be to define typical for
current PostgreSQL installations, and typical for non-postgresql
installations (the folks we want to convert).

After that, do we care if it works with the typical OS installation or
with all default OS installations (think shared memory settings)?

I agree, this is something we should tackle somewhere along the 7.5
timeline.