Re: 2 different versions of postgres on the same system

От Arguile
Тема Re: 2 different versions of postgres on the same system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 01:12, Madhavi Daroor wrote:
> Hi all,
>      I have installed postgres 7.3 in my Red hat linux 7.2 system. I want to
> also install postgres 7.2.3 in the same system. Is it possible?? Can
> somebody please tell me how I can do this...ASAP!!!

Easy, just change the PREFIX to a different location when you compile
and initdb in a different dir than the first. If you plan to use TCP/IP
you'll probably want to specify a different default port as well.

If you don't create/user a seperate user than your main Pg(for the
PGDATA, etc. env vars) just make sure to call /full/path/to/pg_ctl and
specify where it's data resides with the -D flag.