Re: Schedule Jobs in Postgres

От
Тема Re: Schedule Jobs in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general

unless madhavi is running postgres in windoze.
cron is a reliable way of executing psotgresql tasks.

Some Tips:

1. I find it helpful to put the SQL related crons under
     a dedicated user , so that i dont have to hunt around
     to get the list of all scheduled SQLs.

2.  If sql batch is to be run its better to use a .sql script
     with all the SQL statements in it and enclosed in
    a BEGIN WORK ; <SQLS> ; COMMIT;

3. MAILTO env variable shud be set to get error reports
     on SQL activity.

4. -q or -e  option can be with psql depending on need.

Regds
Rajesh Kumar Mallah.